Car Hire in Rome Airport Fiumicino
We're Crazy about Car Hire at Rome Airport Fiumicino
Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport currently serves around 43 million passengers in a year, making it the number one international airport in Rome and one of the busiest airports in Europe. It is also the hub for Italy’s flag carrier, Alitalia. If you're planning to rent a car during your visit to Rome, you can book early to make sure you can use the car upon arriving at the airport. You can find a lot of car rental companies that are willing to give you the best options - whether you're looking for regular cars or other types of vehicles such as vans, SUVs, and minibuses. Top brands like Avis, Europcar, Budget, Hertz, and Alamo, provide the best arrangements for your time, space, and budget. Walking around Rome is a popular choice among travellers, but having a car to drive around is helpful during the hot months. With a rental car, you will not only comfortably visit the places within Rome - the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Vatican City with its famous Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica - but you can also visit interesting places in the outskirts of the city such as Tivoli and Ostia.
Location: Rome Airport FiumicinoAirport Code: FCO
Crazy Car Hire searches and compares all leading car rental suppliers such as Avis Car Hire Rome Airport Fiumicino and Budget Car Rental, and other well known brands such as Thrifty Car Rental & Europcar to find you the best car rental deals in Italy.
Its not easy finding last minute hire car deals & specials at cheap rates, going from one car rental website to the next, but with Crazy Car Hire there is no need as we present the deals all in 1 simple screen. We might be Crazy but we provide Low Cost Car Hire for most cities throughout the world.
You might know of some these well known Car Hire companies we deal with to get the best deals:
Car Rental Companies
Rome Airport is serviced by a long list of car rental suppliers. The big brands are all represented at FCO airport but you'll also find some smaller brands such as Centauro, LEASYS, Green Motion, Locauto, Maggiore, Ecovia and Optimorent. They all have very high ratings by our customers for cleanliness, service and overall value for money.
Why Rent with Us
- No Booking Fees.
- Free Cancellation (conditions apply).
- You will usually find the Cheapest Car Rental at Rome Airport Fiumicino.
- Our large vehicle range includes Compact, Standard, Large, Wagons & Stationwagons, Luxury, SUV & 4WD & 4x4, Minibuses & Vans, Campervans & Motorhomes.
- You could save up to 40 percent on our best price rental cars at Rome Airport Fiumicino.
- Send yourself a free car hire Rome Airport Fiumicino quote.
- Need more information - contact our 24/7 customer support.
- Our Add-on services, including Rome Airport Fiumicino rental car insurance, baby seats and boosters, GPS and One way car rental.
- Rent a Car at the airport or from hotel pickups, limosine services and transfers.
- The ability to reserve some cars without a deposit.
The airport was named after Leonardo, the Italian Renaissance genius, who, aside from being famous for his paintings and sculptures, is also famous for inventing his flying machine, also known as an “ornithopter.” The machine was inspired by the flight of birds which he skilfully sketched based from his observations of different winged animals. As of May 2019, the airport is holding an exhibition called "The wings of Leonardo. The genius and flight" which displays life-sized reproductions of his flying machines at different locations in the airport.
Aside from taxis, car hire, and private cars, trains and buses are popular modes of public transport from the airport to the city centre and other places in Rome. The Leonardo Express train is said to be the fastest and most comfortable public transport that goes from the airport to the Termini Station in Rome's centre, although it is more expensive. If you're looking for cheaper options, you can take the local FL1 train or a bus service like the Terragon bus. Obviously, these are not as fast and as comfortable, but they will still take you to your destination.
Tours & Things to Do in Rome
- Skip the Line: Vatican Museums Walking Tour including Sistine Chapel, Raphael's Rooms and St Peter's
- Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Ancient Ostia Small Group Day Trip from Rome
- Skip the Line: Borghese Gallery and Gardens Walking Tour
- Private Viewing of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Rome Segway Tour
- Rome Angels and Demons Half-Day Tour
Within Walking Distance or Closeby
This rental car location is near Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport (510m).
If you would like more information on what is the closest location to your hotel, accommodation or pickup point, please contact our reservations team.