Car Hire in Berlin Tegel Airport
We're Crazy about Car Hire at Berlin Tegel Airport!
Berlin Airport (Tegel) or TXL is the main international airport in Berlin and one of the busiest airports in Germany, although, sadly, it is set to be closed by 2020 with the opening of Brandenburg airport. Most of its 22 million annual passengers fly between European cities, but they do have intercontinental flights to other continents, including the USA. As Germany's capital, Berlin traffic can be heavy and chances are, you will encounter traffic jams during your travel. Good thing car hire companies are readily available to help you make the most of your Berlin trip - and we're talking about the top rental car companies in the world including, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Europcar. These companies provide top-of-the-line vehicle options that will fit any budget and space requirement. Whether you want a regular car, a van, a minibus, or a camper van, you will definitely find what you need. Driving your own vehicle is a great way to explore the historic city of Berlin. Make sure you don't miss Brandenburg Gate, the Berlin Cathedral, the famous Berlin Wall, East Side Gallery, and Charlottenburg Palace. And of course, there's a lot more to discover! You can even go on a road trip if you're in the mood. A few great locations within driving distance from Berlin include Potsdam, Spreewald, Peacock Island, and Prague. Just remember to drive safe, and if you have qualified companions, you can also register them as drivers so you will have your turn to rest while on the road.
Location: Berlin Tegel AirportAirport Code: TXL
Crazy Car Hire searches and compares all leading car rental suppliers such as Avis Car Hire Berlin Tegel Airport and Budget Car Rental, and other well known brands such as Thrifty Car Rental & Europcar to find you the best car rental deals in Germany.
Its not easy finding last minute hire car deals & specials at cheap rates, going from one car rental website to the next, but with Crazy Car Hire there is no need as we present the deals all in 1 simple screen. We might be Crazy but we provide Low Cost Car Hire for most cities throughout the world.
You might know of some these well known Car Hire companies we deal with to get the best deals:
Why Rent with Us
- No Booking Fees.
- Free Cancellation (conditions apply).
- You will usually find the Cheapest Car Rental at Berlin Tegel Airport.
- Our large vehicle range includes Compact, Standard, Large, Wagons & Stationwagons, Luxury, SUV & 4WD & 4x4, Minibuses & Vans, Campervans & Motorhomes.
- You could save up to 40 percent on our best price rental cars at Berlin Tegel Airport.
- Send yourself a free car hire Berlin Tegel Airport quote.
- Need more information - contact our 24/7 customer support.
- Our Add-on services, including Berlin Tegel Airport rental car insurance, baby seats and boosters, GPS and One way car rental.
- Rent a Car at the airport or from hotel pickups, limosine services and transfers.
- The ability to reserve some cars without a deposit.
Hints & Tips
Berlin Tegel Airport is famous for its unique and functional retro hexagon design, which is also considered a work of a genius. Because of the airport's design, passengers are only 30 meters away from the departure gate and the arrival exit. So if you’re running a bit late for your flight, you don’t have to go through different terminals, take shuttles, or run desperately just to reach the gate on time. A few steps away and you’re there!
Only 12 kilometres and 20 minutes away from the city centre, Berlin-Tegel Airport is easily accessed both via public and private transport. Although the airport is not directly linked to the S-Bahn and U-Bahn, you can choose from various local buses and express buses to take you there and around Berlin. Buses are available at the airport's Zone B. If you're looking for long-distance transport, you need to go Südkreuz or Berlin Hauptbahnhof which is just a 30-minute bus ride from the airport. Here, you will be transported to different locations across the country as well as other European rail connections. Taxis are available at Terminal A at Gates 6–9 if you have a lot of baggage with you. If you're planning to hire a car, make sure to book early so you can use it as soon as you arrive.
- Berlin Tegel Airport
- Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Berlin Schoeneberg
- Berlin Steglitz
- Berlin Fairgroung
- Berlin Lichtenberg
- Berlin Bahnhof Zoo Station
- Ostbahnhof Train Station
- Bahnhof Spandau Train Station
- Berlin Wedding
- Berlin Neukoelln
- Berlin Tempelhof
- Berlin Spandau
- Berlin Nuernberger Str
- Berlin Mitte (centre)
- Berlin (near Chausseest)
- Berlin Charlottenburg
- Berlin Neukolln Hotel Estrel
- Berlin Spandau Hbf
- Berlin Karl-marx-street
Tours & Things to Do in Berlin
- Berlin's Infamous Third Reich Sites Half-Day Walking Tour
- 'An Evening at Charlottenburg Palace' Palace Tour, Dinner and Concert by the Berlin Residence Orchestra
- Berlin Flak Towers Underground Walking Tour
- Berlin Bike Tour: Third Reich and Nazi Germany
- Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour
- Berlin Bike Tour
- Jewish Life in Berlin Half Day Walking Tour
Within Walking Distance or Closeby
This rental car location is near Tegel Airport (860m).
If you would like more information on what is the closest location to your hotel, accommodation or pickup point, please contact our reservations team.